Most of the causes that we support will be funded within recognised UK charities – but all will fall within our own charitable objects. Within these objects the Trustees tend to support (in no particular order):
- Causes introduced by members of the Company and causes in which Company members are involved.
- Causes related to education for all ages, with a focus on core enabling skills such as financial literacy, numeracy, literacy and digital skills.
- Causes that will increase social mobility and alleviate poverty in respect of children and youth in need.
- Causes where the grant will make a significant difference.
- Causes which are associated with the accountancy profession, the City or the Livery.
There is no geographic restriction but most causes supported will operate within England and Wales. Grants will typically be in the range of £250 to £3,000. The exception is our Major Project Award currently £75,000 per annum for three years. Applications for this will next be sought in 2023.