Chartered Accountants’ Hall, the home of our Institute, was built in 1890 to the design of Sir John Belcher RA.
It has subsequently been extended, once in the 1930s in a similar architectural style and again in the 1960s to a more modern design, by Sir William Whitfield.
The Hall is a Grade II listed building that attracts the attention of architectural students and historians. Its exterior features a carved stone frieze by Hamo Thorneycroft and its interior decoration includes works of art by Eduardo Paolozzi, Gerald Benney and John Piper.
In a time of modern steel and glass structures, Chartered Accountants’ Hall remains one of the City’s hidden masterpieces, providing outstanding conference and hospitality services and facilities within a treasured environment.
A number of splendid reception rooms compliment modern state-of-the-art meeting and conference facilities. In particular the ground floor Members Room , with its replica Rialto Bridge, and the spectacular, first floor Old Council Chamber, with its columns and frescos, are especially famous.